El Periódico - Dec. 2018
I must have taken down over 20 tamales this month as December was filled with lots of gatherings. Especially now that there are lots of kids, there are plenty of reasons why we gather. This month my wife and I attended the John Legend concert at the Fox Theater in Oakland. It was really nice to get out and have a date night with the wifey. We really got to enjoy ourselves and had a great time before, during, and after the show. I can't wait for us to schedule our next date night. Special thanks to my sister in law and sister for taking care of the kids.
Boston - Attended a three day meeting in which the following took place: pair programming, architecture discussions, training, analysis of requirements and lots of other random tech talks which included but not limited to: Android and the Pixel 3.
2019 Rules, Goals, and Values!
- It’s OK to say no!
- Find habits and stick to them.
- Always be in motion.
- Answer emails quickly and in the morning.
- Be kind to yourself.
- Know the intention behind your decisions.
- Don’t stop believing in what matters, even when it’s hard.
- Continue to follow your dreams, even if some adjustments are needed.
- Visit the Monterrey Aquarium. At least 4 times this year.
- Visit a National Park. (Monthly)
- Continue with our garden work. (Both front and back)
- Plan for a vegetable garden.
- Visit the dentist 3 times this year. (bummer)
- Read 1 book a month.
- Learn Drupal 8
- Complete the Leadership program
- Education - Help motivate and support my wife, son, and daughter with the best education, training, and experience. Spend time and teach what I have knowledge in. Help my kids all areas of the arts, math, science, and technology.
- Financial Freedom - Provide a nest egg and financial wellbeing that will help my family prosper in life. Do not allow bad investments to get in the way of changing my family financial situation. Always plan to save and invest in areas that will provide my family a better opportunity to grow.
- Travel the World - seek new experiences of culture, food, and people through travel with my family. Don't let the daily burden of life get in the way of experiencing new territories, whether domestic or international, always explore.
- Own a business - Create a business that will allow my family to be financially stable and allow us the ability to retain an income that we can live off comfortably.
- Obtain a Master's degree. Whether in Computer Science or some other field. Strive to achieve a better education and use it for the purpose of growing.
Values to live by
Make a difference.
Willingness to change is a strength even if it means plunging part of the company into total confusion for a while.